Pages

Sunday 5 April 2015

Canadian Pet Expo: Day 2

Saturday was our second (and last) day at the pet expo. We brought my boyfriend's little sister which is why we went a second day. Friday was very exhausting for both Troy and I so I was a little worried that a second day would be too much to handle. Fortunately, it was much less busy on Saturday compared to Friday. 

We spent most of the morning just walking around and getting more free samples. We also stopped by the Peachy Keen Pets booth to pick up a new collar for Troy. We special ordered it the day before (because we wanted a specific fabric - retro pac man, and a chain martingale style) and it was ready to be picked up on Saturday! Not only is the collar really great quality, the owner of the company is super sweet. I will definitely be ordering all of our future collars and accessories from her. My boyfriend also picked up one of the dress shirt accessories for his bichon poodle. Here are a few pictures of the new collar I got for Troy: 

After visiting a few booths, we had lunch. We ate at the pulled pork food truck again (Hank Daddy's barbecue) because it was so good the day before. I hope we run into them at another expo or festival this summer. I have never had a pulled pork sandwich with as much flavour before! 

In the afternoon we spent a bit of time watching some of the dock diving shows. We also visited the exotic pet section where there was a kangaroo, red fox (which was actually black), and we got to hold a lemur! Here are a few pictures from the afternoon. 

During the afternoon we also stopped at a booth to make Troy a pet ID tag. I haven't gotten around to getting one since we came home so I'm very glad I finally picked one up with his name and my cell number on it. While waiting for the tag to be made I spotted mini cowboy hats made for dogs! I HAD to get one for Troy. I am so excited for him to wear it when we go to see zac brown band this summer (as well as the other country concerts we will be going to in the future). Here's a picture of Troy with his cowboy hat on! 

Here is a picture of everything we got on day 2. Some of these were samples (nutrience was giving out a very generous sample! The day before I thought they were for sale. I wish I picked one up both days!) and some were items I purchased (antler, liver treats, collar, cowboy hat, etc.) 



By the end of the second day, we were all extremely exhausted. 2 days at the expo was sort of unnecessary in my opinion. We could have gotten everything done on the first day (except that zaks sister wanted to come and she was busy on the Friday). We had a ton of fun though and I can't wait to go next year! It was great to see everyone, talk to people, and try out a ton of new products. I wish there were more dog vendors and a larger variety of shops though. There were only a few vendors selling toys, collars, and treats. I was expecting many more shops/dog vendors. The next large dog event we are looking forward to attending is Woofstock. I hope to see some of you there too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment