Pages

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Day 3: It's a Boy!

This morning started off a fire drill as well as a bit more training work using Fleetwood and Anouk. After practicing how to put the dogs in the crate and more relief time, we went to lunch. After lunch was when the exciting part of the day began.

We were all told to go into our rooms and a trainer would bring a dog to us. I know I was only in my room alone for a few minutes but it seemed like hours.

When Rhonda, one of my trainers, knocked on the door I quickly pushed the automatic door button. I saw a cute little black nose peeking around the corner and then in walked Rhonda with my new best friend. His name is Troy!

Troy is a very gentle black Lab. I absolutely love his name and I couldn't have picked a better one for him. He is so sweet and is already a very good listener. I didn't expect him to listen this well considering that we just met a few hours ago but he seems to be warming up to me very quickly.

At first he would kind of back up if I went to pet him but after a few treats and kind words, he is starting to enjoy being pet.

After a few minutes of bonding in my room it was time to go and meet everyone else's dogs! We all got labs. One lady has a white/yellow lab named Willow. My friend Kelly has a black brindle named Frito and the other four of us have black labs.

After I fed him dinner I took him to the relief area. He didn't want to go so after a few minutes of saying "busy busy", we went into the dining room where everyone eats dinner together.

After quickly eating meatballs and rice (and maybe some pudding too...) I took Troy back to the relief area. This time he went pee! I was so proud and gave him a treat as we were on our way back to my room. As soon as we got back I figured it was time to share my furry friend with all of you.

I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do!

Now I'm off to give my dog some more love and maybe order him a new collar (I've been waiting so long to order things for him but couldn't until I knew whether I was getting a boy or girl).

Thank you all for sharing this exciting time with me. Enjoy the pictures below!
Right after I got him. Look at that cute face <3
Troy is a very good listener in class. I can't wait to see him attend class with me at Humber!


Right before he plopped down on the floor for a rest beside my computer chair - he's pooped!


2 comments:

  1. How exciting. Troy is so handsome. OMG, I'm tearing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Linda. I know, isn't he just the sweetest. I couldn't have asked for a cuter and more well mannered dog. He seems to be bonding very quickly which is great too!

    ReplyDelete