Pages

Friday 19 December 2014

Day 18: Graduation!

Yesterday was Troy and I's graduation. We are currently at home and doing great but that will be another post to come in the next few days.

We spent the day getting ready and relaxing before my mom came to have dinner with us. We all had a great last dinner together in the dining room. Some of the staff sat with us as well which was nice.

After dinner we had a little bit of time to relieve our dogs and take pictures with each other.

The ceremony went fairly smoothly and started on time which was great. It was a little long but that was to be expected with 4 different classes all graduating on the same night.

Unfortunately Troy's sponsors were unable to attend but his foster family came to see him! His foster mom is such a sweet lady and she even brought him a gift! I am so glad that I got to meet her. Troy didn't react the way I thought he would. He wasn't overly excited or out of control like some of the other dogs were when they saw their foster families. I am assuming he was calm because our bond has grown so much over the last few weeks. It was very bittersweet to watch him act this way.

To his foster mom (and everyone else too): Troy and I are doing wonderfully and he already seems to love his new home. He was amazing on the train and bus. We went to the pet store this afternoon too and now he's sleeping - like always!

Tomorrow my boyfriend is coming over and I plan on taking Troy to the mall for a short amount of time just to get out of the house and get some exercise. On Sunday my little cousin, aunt, and some other family friends are planning on coming over for a Pre-Christmas visit. I don't anticipate Troy having any problems with all of the company but hopefully they listen to the rules and don't interact with him too much! If my cousin doesn't understand, I'll have to put Troy in my room for an hour or two while she's here.

Here are some pictures from yesterday at grad:




Troy's foster mom, my mom, me, and Troy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment