Pages

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Day 17: Where has the time gone?!

Wow. It's hard to believe that tomorrow Troy and I are graduating and then we leave on Friday morning!

Today we just practiced some more "fetch" and watched some educational/entertaining dog guide videos with the seizure response class.

We took a very short walk this morning but then it started to rain/snow so we headed back inside after just a few minutes. It was nice to get outside with Troy today even if it wasn't for very long.

After a few guest speakers, videos, and talking with our trainers we had individual play time before dinner.

I wish I had more to tell you about today but since it's the end of training, things have really slowed down to give us and the dogs a bit of a break before heading home.

Tonight I plan on packing up most of my stuff. My mom will be picking up my manual chair, walker, and suitcase tomorrow night so that all I have to worry about on Friday is getting my power chair and Troy home safely. We are taking the go train from Oakville to Port Credit and then transhelp home from the Go station. I don't live very far from the school so I thought that Friday would be a good opportunity to test Troy on the Go train as I take it fairly often. I want to know how he does before I plan anything with my friends downtown.

Tomorrow if the weather is nice Troy and I are going on our first walk without any trainers! I hope it doesn't rain or snow so that we can get out for a bit in the morning.

I don't have many pictures from today as most of the day was spent relaxing and talking about information but here's one of the videos we watched today of Rick Mercer visiting the Lions Foundation Dog Guides. It is really entertaining and funny but still educational and brought a lot of awareness to LFC Dog Guides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjVbYES3ygg

I'll be sure to get some pictures at grad tomorrow to share on my blog. I'm sure I'll even see some of you there. Troy and I are both really excited to meet everyone!

P.S. Tomorrow's post may have to be posted on Friday afternoon depending on what time grad finishes and how tired we are!

5 comments:

  1. It's exciting to think that your adventure will really begin on Friday. I hope tomorrow doesn't go to fast and you get to enjoy Graduation day. My daughter is going with friends to see their first foster Yuba graduate. We babysat Yuba a couple of times and it's exciting to know she is on to the next part of her life as a Dog Guide. We live near to where you go to school and I hope one day to see you and Troy off to classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll see me in area sometimes! I used to live in residence but this year I moved back home with my mom so I'm not around as often as I was last year. Maybe in between classes you'll spot us walking around the campus though :)
      I plan on taking a walk to Tim Horton's or Fortinos to grab something to eat in the morning but other than that it will hopefully be a very relaxing day for Troy and I. We will probably just hang out with everyone for the majority of the day :)

      Thanks for reading. xox

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your graduation tomorrow. You have both worked so hard. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey, have you seen the video from Canine Partners in the UK about Jo Jones, who is a PhD student, and her service dog Errol? I saw it on FB today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelsey,
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey. It was such a pleasure to read about your experience. I have fostered eight puppies and reading your blog really helps to understand why we train the puppies in a certain way. ( I'm still learning ) Wishing you and Troy all the best.

    ReplyDelete