Pages

Thursday 30 July 2015

Summer 2015: What have we been up to?

Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've posted on the blog - sorry about that.

A few months ago my boyfriend's sister (Elise) had to have emergency brain surgery. Then once all of that settled down, I started getting dizzy again. It's just been one thing after another. Thank god for Troy though! I don't know what any of us would do without him. He provided Elise and her family with a lot of comfort during her recovery.

For the last few weeks I haven't been able to really get out of the house. I have been struggling with un-diagnosed vertigo for the past 3 years on and off. This month has been one of the worst yet. I can't go more than 1-2 hours without feeling lightheaded or dizzy. I am waiting for some test results and an MRI date, then hopefully I will get some answers.

Despite all of these setbacks, Troy and I have been having a great summer. We had our first trip to the vet just over a month ago and the doctor said he's perfectly healthy. Yay!

We also went to Wood Lake (Muskoka) with my boyfriend and his family a few weeks ago. I have never seen Troy have so much fun. He got to run around off leash the entire three days and there were other big dogs for him to play with. While I was swimming in the lake, he would watch me but he wouldn't dare come close to the water. I thought he might like the lake, despite his fear of baths, but I was wrong.

We don't have too many plans for August as  I need to figure out what is causing my dizziness before I go back to school in September. My birthday is on August 24th though so I'm sure we will do something fun that day.

For much more frequent updates, follow us on facebook at: www.facebook.com/ssdandthecity 

As always, here are some pictures from our adventures these past few months :)



He's much happier to just run around and lay on the grass with daddy while I'm in the lake :)

This was when we first got to the cottage - he's still unsure about the water.

Troy's on the left (in the leafs jersey) - cuddling with his favourite girl, Frances

Walking around our neighbourhood... decided to stop at Square One to pose in front of the fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment