Pages

Monday 26 January 2015

January 2015 Bark Box Review

Hi everyone!

Troy and I received our second bark box today (the large January 2015 box). Last month's box was great and if you didn't see that post click here to look at what we got in December.

This month's box in my opinion wasn't as amazing as the box we got last month just because there was only one toy and all of the other items were treats/food.

Here's a few pictures to show you what the box looked like.


Here's a picture of the inside of the box when you first open it. The theme this month is "Ice Age". The one and only toy included is pictured here. It is very fuzzy and soft. The arms make a crinkly noise when you touch them and the "body" of the toy has a honker inside. This is Troy's first "honking" toy. He doesn't seem to be too interested in it right now but in a few days he might enjoy it more. It took him a couple of days to love the yule log toy we got last month and then it quickly became his favourite toy.



So far these fish strips seem to be Troy's favourite product this month. As soon as I opened the box he started sniffing for these strips and I gave him one. He devoured it in less than 2 minutes (he's not a very aggressive chewer so your dog might eat it even faster!)


I haven't opened these treats yet because we have so many other types on the go right now. I know he will love them because he will eat anything - he's a lab ;)


At first I was sort of disappointed to see this product because it is dog food and I don't want to introduce new foods into his diet. However I have decided that on his birthday I will give him some of this as a treat (his birthday is May 27th).


The ingredients look pretty good!
This is a very interesting dog treat. At first I thought it was a hollow bone but then after reading the card with a description of each item in the box, I discovered it is actually a beef trachea. I'm sure Troy will love this as well and I plan on giving it to him after a hard day of work this week (probably Wednesday night).



A picture of the inside of the "tube". It's very thin so I don't anticipate this will last very long... We'll see
Overall I am happy with this month's box, I just wish there was another toy or fun item included (like last month's bandana). We are receiving another box next month but after that I haven't decided if we will continue our subscription or not.

The value of this box is good. The items total approximately 31 dollars (according to the card included) which is a pretty good deal depending on how much you pay (which varies depending on your subscription length).

If you're interested in signing up for February's box, click this link to get 10% off your order!
https://barkbox.com/r/PAETXPV37M?utm_source=old_ref&utm_medium=referrals&utm_campaign=url_copy&utm_content=100008

Did you receive a bark box this month? Was it the same? Different? I'd love to hear your thoughts below! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelsey,
    We haven't received our Bark Box yet this month so I am looking forward to it. I think they may be different also by the area you live in. We did get the yule log toy but Charlie destroyed it in about 30 seconds. Skye didn't even get to sniff it. Sorry to hear about your brother. My deepest condolences,
    I look forward to reading your blog and hope all is going well with you and Troy. I have pointed a lot of my Lions Clubs to your blog in the hopes they will understand more fully how their efforts change lives. You are very inspirational.
    Sincerely, Lion Bea (LFC Dog Guide chair District 5M11)

    ReplyDelete